The forensim package for the free statistical software is dedicated to forensic DNA mixtures interpretation.
- Simulation tools allowing the generation of genetic data commonly encountered in forensic casework:
- Population allele frequencies
- Individual genotypes
- DNA mixtures
Interpretation of complex STR reults (LTDNA samples):
- A maximum likelihood estimator for the number of contributors to a mixture.
- The random man non excluded probability.
- Likelihood ratios for LTDNA samples with drop-out, drop-in, any number of contributors and replicates. Robustness studies are facilitated with Tippet plots.
- The mastermix interface: A Tcl/Tk graphical user interface for simple DNA mixtures resolution using allele peak heights
or areas information (Gill et al, Forensic Sci Int, 1998;91:41-5). This interface was previously implemented into an Excel
macro by Prof. Peter Gill.
forensim is hosted by
Author: forensim is developed by Hinda Haned ( contact )
Remarks, suggestions and contributions are welcome!